The Brian Etherington Meat Company are currently looking for a multi-drop delivery driver to join their team –responsible for delivering a range of fresh and frozen meat and food produce to locations throughout Devon & Cornwall.
Duties and responsibilities
- Working as a Multi Drop Delivery Person – delivering meat, and frozen produce to hotels, restaurants, cafes, nursing homes, schools and colleges throughout Cornwall & Devon.
- Ensuring your van is roadworthy, clean and fit for the transportation of food
- Reporting and vehicle defects to the transport supervisor
- Cleaning your own van Daily
- Representing The Brian Etherington Meat Company by being polite and courteous to all customers.
- Assist in the loading of vans
- Ensuring the customer receives the goods and it is checked against the invoice
- Record any discrepancies on the correct form and informing the office.
- Handling money in line with the company’s cash and cheque procedures
- Being aware of possible new accounts.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, the post holder will be expected to carry out any reasonable tasks that are requested of them, and will be subject to review and amendment in view of changing circumstances.
- Must have a full, clean UK driving licence
- Must be 25 years old plus, due to insurance requirements
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Working Hours Minimum 37.5 hours a week
- Typical working day 7am-3pm but may vary during peak times.
- 45-minute break
- Competitive rates of pay available
The Brian Etherington Meat Company has a no smoking policy, all delivery vans are strictly non-smoking vehicles, as are the Brian Etherington Meat Company premises, other than in designated smoking areas.
The unauthorised use, or disclosure of personal information is a dismissible office and in the case of computerised information, could result in prosecution for an office, or action for civil damages under the Data Protection Act 1988.
Brian Etherington Meats is an equal opportunity employer. The aim of the policy is to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, handicap, religion, creed, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins or social background – or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Health and Safety
All staff are expected to follow Trust Polices and Procedures relation to the Heath & Safety at Work Act 1974. This job entails the manual handling of loads, the post holder attention is drawn to local risk assessments and procedures regarding the correct handling of such loads.
The Brian Etherington Meat Company, Wheal Rose, Scorrier (nr Redruth), Cornwall TR16 5DF
To apply for the post, please download and complete the application form and return it to:
Brian Etherington Meat Co Ltd Wheal Rose
Scorrier Redruth Cornwall TR16 5DF
or email firstname.lastname@example.org