10 Apr 2017
10 things about our Cornish pasties
The humble harmony of succulent beef, chopped vegetables and crumbly pastry has become one of Cornwall’s most iconic symbols. Popular in the past with miners due to its handy shape with inbuilt ‘handle’ (the crimped crust was for holding and then throwing away, so the miners’ dirty hands didn’t contaminate their meal) and ability to hold its heat for several hours. Today, Cornish pasties are popular with locals and visitors alike, the perfect food whatever the weather – be it a wintry afternoon, or a summer’s evening.
Find out a few facts about our very own pasty here:
1. We make our Cornish pasties in our bakery at our Farm Shop at Wheal Rose.
2. We make over 3,500 pasties every week, and supply the public, local schools, restaurants and hotels.
3. Each pasty is handmade, and we use the same quality meat for sale at our butchery counter for the fillings.
4. We sell three main flavours of pasty in three different sizes – with extra speciality flavours at Christmas time.
5. We make all our own pastry.
6. We cater for weddings, football matches and parties and can supply our delicious Cornish pasties hot* or frozen to your venue.
7. We sell frozen pasties at our Farm Shop, so you can stock up your freezer at home!
8. All the delicious vegetables are locally sourced.
9. Each of our medium steak pasties have between 18-22 even crimps along the edge.
10. Our pasties are made by our beautiful bunch of Crimpets!
Tempted? Pop into our Farm Shop located at Wheal Rose, Scorrier for a true taste of Cornwall.
*within a 20 mile radius of Scorrier.